Spotlight on a Support Team Member: Elizabeth Brigham

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 6:23 PM

By Elizabeth Brigham, Google Base Support

Hi, I'm Elizabeth. I graduated from Santa Clara University in 2004 with a dual degree in Art and Communications. Just a few months later I started working here. I'm pretty sure I landed the job by stating the obvious: When asked during my first round of interviews why I wanted to work here, I responded, "The free gourmet lunch, of course!"

On the Google Base team, I spend some of my time collecting feedback from you, our providers, to help bring our users the best product possible. If you've ever sent in a suggestion, you've likely heard back from me. When I'm not working on Base, you'll find me running or cycling. I'm currently training for a 109 mile century ride, "El Tour de Tucson," and fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. And since you need a steady feed of music when you're on the bike for hours at a time, it seems most of my spare change gets funneled directly into iTunes.

As for my day job, my favorite Google Base feature is the ability to post an item and see it published in a matter of minutes. When I've signed in to my Base account, I can post a recipe I want to share or sell a scarf I've just knit. The interface is simple, clean and easy to use.

Looking for some tips? If this is your first time submitting a bulk upload, I would strongly recommend starting out small. Create a file with maybe 2 to 5 items. Be sure that you've included all of the required attributes, that your links and image_links are all working, and that you've included the correct prices. It's much easier for us to help you find the errors and create a flawless file of just a few items. Once you get the hang of it, you should be able to easily create a file with many more.

Finally, we are here to help you. If you have ideas, feedback or suggestions to help us improve Google Base, let us know! I recently created a link on the Google Base Help Center to collect your thoughts.