Getting to know you

Thursday, August 03, 2006 at 9:44 AM

By Donal Mountain, User Experience team

As a user experience researcher on the Base team, it's my job to really understand how you are using Base. I spend much of my time observing people who already use Base every day.

I do this research in order to learn as much as I can about people's interactions with Base: what parts of the product do you particularly like or dislike? Which things are enjoyable, and which are cumbersome or downright confusing? I then take this information back to the rest of the Base team, so that we can be sure that we're all working to make Base easy to use, with the features you really care about.

If you use Base regularly, you can probably list a few quirky things you'd like to see changed. If you're new to Base, chances are there are some gray areas for you. Seeing things from the perspective of our users is often quite humbling -- it reminds us of all the work we have yet to do.

Base really is a beta product, which means we're continuing to make it as easy and rewarding to use as possible. If you have any particular insights, please contact me directly.